Celtic transfer news: Paris Saint-Germain striker Timothy Weah close to joining Scottish champions on loan

Celtic transfer news: Paris Saint-Germain striker Timothy Weah close to joining Scottish champions on loan
Celtic are understood to be close to signing Timothy Weah on loan.The 18-year-old Paris Saint-Germain whizz-kid used Instagram to confirm he will move elsewhere for the remainder of the season to gain more experience.He has not confirmed where he will go, but signed off the post with: I will miss the stadium, and the energy that the fans bring to each match I hope that after these 6 months, I will be able to come back to the Parc des Princes to give my all for you. I am proud to be Parisian.According to RMC Sport, French sides Amiens, Strasbourg, Rennes and Caen have all shown interest in the teenager, but Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has played a role in Weahs final decision. Kolo Toure, who is now one of Rodgers assistants, also spoke with the player about joining the Scottish champions.Weah, the son of former Milan and PSG striker George, was born in New York City in 2000 and joined the PSG youth academy in 2014, signing his first professional contract with the French club three years later. He made his first-team debut in a Ligue 1 match against Troyes in March and scored his first league goal in the 2018/19 season opener against Caen.Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season2
Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season
“There are people that said I will not be as good as my father, that I am trash and asked why I am playing for the US,” he has previously said. In addition to a stellar playing career, which also brought him the 1995 Ballon d’Or, the elder Weah is now Liberia’s president.“You know, that is just pushing me to be the star that my country has been looking for.“My dream is eventually becoming the greatest talent to come out of the United States and New York, being a starter and playing for my country.“I have done a lot to get here. I have faced a lot of people who said that I would always be in my father’s shadow. I just take that, and I use that as a boost, because, as much as I love my father, I am trying to make a name for myself.”Speaking to Sports Illustrated in October, Weah also discussed how being exposed to the qualities of his team-mates on a daily basis has helped, though admitted to being a late bloomer in comparison to Kylian Mbappe. Its crazy, he said. At training I see Neymar do crazy stuff. Mbappe, hes closer to my age, so I relate more with him, and when I see him doing the stuff he does in training, it kind of pushes me to go out there and try hard and also be myself and show what I can do with the ball at my feet.“You know, Im getting there. Im a late bloomer. Its taking time. But I try to just take it day by day. I train hard. Even after training, I stay two hours behind and try to work on my passes and finishing. Its getting there. And I cant wait until Im at my full potential and can show the world what I can do.Weah has benefited from training with Neymar, Gianluigi Buffon and Kylian Mbappe2
Weah has benefited from training with Neymar, Gianluigi Buffon and Kylian Mbappe


Petr Cech is likely to feature in his last professional game in the Europa League final

Redknapp's father is football manager Harry Redknapp, and his mother is Sandra Harris. He has one older brother, Mark, who is a model. He is the maternal cousin of Frank Lampard, whose father is former West Ham United player and Harry's former managerial assistant Frank Lampard, Sr.

Morgan Gibbs-White can operate as a midfielder or further up the pitch

Pep Guardiola has brushed off the significance of a tweet from Kyle Walker which appeared to mock Manchester City's title rivals Liverpool this week. Pep plays down Walker tweet appearing to
Pep Guardiola plays down significance of Kyle Walker tweet

Nemanja Vidic wanted to ‘kill’ opposition strikers according to Emmanuel Adebayor

Arsenal have reportedly started their transfer dealings for the season ahead, with a €12 million bid placed for Gremio defender Walter Kannemann. Italian publication Calciomercato have
Arsenal 'make £10.5m transfer bid' for Gremio defender Walter

Chris Kirkland was attacked by a fan in 2012

West Ham United's Andy Carroll challenges Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper David Button for the ball during the Premier League match at the London Stadium. But the shell-shocked Hammers responded with their own double-barrelled blast as Marko Arnautović took his season's tally to seven, when he rescued a point for West Ham United with a
Free transfers: Lichtsteiner to Arsenal; Fredericks to West

Depay came closest for the hosts

Burnley man Ashley Barnes KISSES Cardiff's Joe Bennett during Premier League clash, both players yellow carded. both players received a yellow card in the incident.
Burnley man Ashley Barnes KISSES Cardiff's Joe Bennett during

Van der Vaart played for Tottenham between 2010 and 2012 and his goals against Arsenal gave fans many reasons to cheer

Harry Kane will start the Champions League final against Liverpool in Madrid having been passed fit to play for Tottenham. The striker has not featured since April 9 but returns to the starting team.
'I love you boys!': Crocked Tottenham star Harry Kane

Watford’s Miguel Britos scores against Liverpool last season in an epic 3-3 draw.

'I'd be delighted if Paul Pogba never plays for Manchester United again', says angry Red Devils fan on talkS. Dan the Red has had enough of the French star and wants the club to sell him to help fund a summer makeover. manchester united - TalkSport 6:27am PDT - April 25th, 2019
Christian Eriksen To Replace Paul Pogba At Manchester United

Bolton Wanderers manager Phil Parkinson

Sadio Mane EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool players feel they are destined to win Champions League title this season Liverpool feel they are destined to win the Champions League this season, Sadio Mane has exclusively told talkSPORT. The Reds will take on Tottenham in an talkSPORT 2 days ago: A Year Later, a More Complete Liverpool Returns for Champions
Sadio Mane EXCLUSIVE Liverpool players feel they are destined

Vokes turns away to celebrate his winner against Leicester

Granit Xhaka and Laurent Koscielny have been ruled out for Arsenal in their Premier League clash against Newcastle United at the Emirates Stadium whilst Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is only fit enough to make the bench.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang benched, Aaron Ramsey fit to start

Hazard’s celebrates the west London side’s Europa League success over Arsenal

Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff: Second-half strikes from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette earn Gunners supervendor January 30, 2019 Talksport Deal Score 0
Cardiff 2-3 Arsenal: Gunners win through Alexandre Lacazette

Gerard Pique and Real Madrid

Callum Hudson-Odoi hands in Chelsea transfer request amid Bayern Munich speculation; There is also the question of whether or not Gonzalo Higuain will make his debut for the club having joined on loan from Juventus on Friday, and with the Premier League game at Bournemouth on Wednesday night.
Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday Match Report, 27/01/2019

Post a Comment

0 Comments